Saturday, March 30, 2013

Voyageur

I am here in Portland.

In the middle of the night..
With black coffee, books and loved friends.
Reading William Shirer in the middle of the night.

Decaf black coffee.
Nothing could be better..
than books and dispatches, a la foreign correspondent
in the middle of the night.

I feel like I am an erswhile traveller
in the the 1930s
travelling through the French Riviera
and Morroco..Casablanca.

My loved one
with me,
reading his paper
avec cafe noir
hands in the air
gesticulating fo democracy.
As I watch him from a distance.

My journalist
from the 30s..

Gatsby is always
with me.
Since the 1930s
we've been together.

Travelling
through
Europe
America
Bon voyages
Berlin
The sea
Baghdad
Bahamas
His eyes
are always with me.

Drinking black coffee
he watches
me from a distance
wherever I go..


 

No comments:

Followers